American Legion Auxiliary
|Department of Mississippi
|Welcome to our online Chaplain's Corner. This page was designed not only
for the Unit Chaplain's, but for all members to use. Included are prayers
and/or inspirational stories received from members and friends.
I am America.
I am her Heart that yearns to breathe freely, unfettered by the bonds of deception and the
undercurrents of will, that seek to deter her from her true course and destiny.
I am the hearts of her people – those who believe, always, in America’s bright promise, who weep with
dismay when there appears to be no way for it to manifest.
I am the vision of tomorrow that lives, forever, within America’s heart – her knowledge that there IS a
way for human beings to live together as one, freely, deliberately, joyfully, lovingly.
And I am the sorrow that wells up in the human breast, when that joy and that unity dissolve in the
presence of dissension and discord.
I am the Hope that is given to those who look to America’s shores from afar, who hold sweet promise as
a dream they may one day realize.
I am the yearning of those in need, who seek to rebuild their lives on the vision of tomorrow.
I am liberty and I am hope, and I am the future of mankind, established in sacred trust, empowered by
Devine ordinance, blessed by the forces of Light, pursued within every heart, and looked to by those
whose lives were given in service to the ideal of America.
I am the Flame of Unity and of Love that is eternally America’s Heart –
I AM her promise and her destiny.
- Bless all I do, this day, oh Lord, please may each little task reflect the love I have for those who some
small favor ask. From irritations, keep me free, should something interrupt, may not my hurry spoil the
day or harsh words, my peace disrupt. I ask that every task performed be done with care to tell each
person I may reach today I love them. Amen.
- Heavenly Father, help me be more like You, and less like me. Not my will, but Thine, be done, from
the morning’s first light to the setting sun. In the evening, may I rest knowing that I have done my best.
- Our dear heavenly father, we greet thee in this new morning with hope eternal and love everlasting for
our beloved American Legion and American Legion Auxiliary. As we gather to honor and pay respects
to our comrades who have departed this life, it is fitting that we remember first our great nation. You
have given us a rich and beautiful land for our heritage. We humbly pray that we may always prove
ourselves a worthy people, constantly aware of Your favor, and therefore ready to demonstrate our
gratitude in seeking to know and to do Your will. Amen.
- Grant that we shall appreciate and treasure the freedom that is our gift and our heritage, and that we
may never forget the great price at which it was purchased for us all. Amen.
- We remember this day before You all who served in the armed forces of our nation. Protect and
defend them in the day of battle. We ask also that You will watch over the veterans of this land,
inspiring them to serve You and this Country in ever new and creative ways. Amen.
- May the good work You have begun in us, the Legion Family, be brought to perfection. Guide our
Leaders in your will and may we offer them support and cooperation so necessary to their success. All
of this we ask in the name of our Lord. Amen.
- Father, I ask You to bless my friends, relatives and those that I care deeply for, who are reading this
right now. Show them a new revelation of Your love and power. Holy Spirit, I ask You to minister to
their spirit at this very moment. Where there is pain, give them Your peace and mercy. Where there is
self-doubt, release a renewed confidence through Your grace. Where there is need, I ask you to fulfill
their needs. Bless their homes, families, finances, their goings and their comings. In Jesus' precious
Let us hear from you!
If you know of a member who is sick or needs our prayers or need to report the
loss of a unit member, please use the form below to send me the information.
- If a member passes, please give me the name and address of the member's
closest relative so we can send a condolence card.
- Also provide name and address of Auxiliary member who is sick or injured
(or needs a bit of cheer) for a get well card.
- Be sure to indicate your Unit's name and number in the comments box.
- Email Department Chaplain
In Our Prayers
All Auxiliary, Legion, SAL and Riders members that have been ill or that are recuperating from